Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

Hi Andreas,

Il giorno Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:16:33 +0100
Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> ha scritto:

> On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 12:35:59PM +0100, Antonio Valentino wrote:
> > Attached a small update of the task description file with a
> > formating fix and the reference url for OTB package.
>
> Commited.
> BTW, if you are interested you can become a member of Debian Blends
> team and can get commit permissions as well.

Andreas, thank you very much for proposing me to become a member of
Debian Blends team.
I would like a lot to contribute in some manner to the debian project.
What is expected to do a member of the Debian Blends team?
(Please fee free to contact me in private if you need.)

> > Packages for ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) should also be OK for sid (not
> > tested).
>
> Anybody keen on testing and uploading to sid?

The next release of OTB (3.8) and Monteverdi (the GUI tool based on
OTB) will be in December

http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users/browse_thread/thread/4efc34af596a90dc?hl=en

I plan to make some more testing on debian packages after the release
is out.

As a general consideration it have to be noted that OTB depends on a
big number of libraries and often internal versions of those libs (in
some cases patched) are used.

Giving a quick look to  libotb3.8_3.8.0-0ppa~maverick_amd64.deb I see:

/usr/lib/otb/libdxf.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libITK*
/usr/lib/otb/libotbliblas.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotbmuparser.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotbopenjpeg.so.1.2.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotbossim.so
/usr/lib/otb/libotbsvm.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libsiftfast.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libtinyXML.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotbkml.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotbconfigfile.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotbedison.so.3.8.0
/usr/lib/otb/libotb6S.so.3.8.0

I don't know how strict is the debian policy with respect to this kind
of solution.

regards

--
Antonio Valentino