Re: [DebianGIS] Specific packages for SAR and earth observation

Hi Andreas,

Il giorno Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:35:24 +0100
Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> ha scritto:

> Hi Antonio,
>
> I have to admit I have real problems to read your mails.  Your line

[CUT]

> I injected three examples into
>
>    svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/gis/trunk/debian-gis/tasks/sar
>
> with all the information I was able to find quickly.  In the case of
> polsarpro I trusted your debian/copyright that it is GPL2.  In the
> case of doris the web page says "free for non-commercial use" and your
> copyright says GPL3.  I have not checked what is actually correct but
> I left the more conservative non-free.  Feel free to correct me if

Declared license is GPL2 but, as Francesco pointed out, there is some
issue the makes it impossible to build a package.
In any case I updated the copyright file on launchpad to fix the GPL
version and I also added conditions of use from the home page.
Also I reported some note about this question at the bottom of

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~a.valentino/%2Bjunk/doris/annotate/head%3A/debian/TODO

in order to track the problem

> you are sure about this and copyright statement is clear.  I have not
> checked the license for getorb just to safe time.

I checked it again but I can't find any license or copyright owner.
I found the author email and tried to contact him but no response yet.

> Please frogive my ignorance about launchpad but I have not found ready
> to install deb packages.  So I simply directed the Pkg-URL field to
> the debian/ packaging dir which is fine for the moment.  It just
> points the interested reader to a location where the work is done.
>
> > From my point of view yes, it would be nice to have a SAR section
> > at the Debian GIS tasks pages and I will be happy to contribute as
> > I can.  And yes, I'm not to much familiar with this kind of things
> > so a couple of examples would be useful.
>
> I hope the three examples I have given in SVN (see above) which are
> rendered to
>
>    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/gis/tasks/sar
>
> will give you an idea what to do.  If you would like to edit the file
> directly you need to become a member of Debian Blends team on Alioth
> but sending me patches for the moment is perfectly fine.  Please
> inspect carefully what I have written especially the description of
> the task on top would need some more love (perhaps explaining in
> detail what SAR means).  I also simply copied the web site text for
> the Pkg-Description fields (I should rather have used the
> descriptions from your control files - but I detected them to late).
>
> If you feel some need you can also add some Remark fields in the same
> syntax as Pkg-Description.

OK.
Please find attached an updated version of

 svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/gis/trunk/debian-gis/tasks/sar

I updated some description and also added all SW that currently have
packaging code on launchpad (asf-mapready, bestgui, gsdview,
libepr-api, polsarpro and sanphu also have binary packages for ubuntu
maverick, i386 and amd64, on the PPA).

Also have been added:
* roi_pac (licenses available at no charge for non-commercial use)
* orfeo (already in the DebianGIS Package Thermometer)
* eolisa (debian package available on the ESA website)
* nest (has a java installer)

I think all this SW are useful for people working with SAR and EO data
but probably many of them will never have a debian package (for
licensing reasons or because java packaging is enough), so please
feel free to remove them if you like.

best regards

--
Antonio Valentino