Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: postgis on debian

Il giorno mar, 05-04-2005 alle 09:52 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen ha
scritto:
> [Alex Bodnaru]
> > Hi Jochen,
> > I see that postgis is in the new queue since a while
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html.
> > (that page say also that it's an alpha package instead i386).
>
> I do not see it on the list any more.  Do you still see it?

I removed from list, because package postgis is going to be renamed to
support different versions of postgresql.

> > I included a "Replace: postgis" tag in control, are there different
> > or better ways?
>
> It probably need to replace, provide and conflict, to make upgrades
> work.  Perhaps a dummy upgrade package is needed as well, but I would
> not worry about that as the postgis package was never an official
> debian package.

Alex and I discussed about that and decided for providing a clean way to
upgrade.

Actually new package has only a "Conflicts" field, but this could change
if you have any suggestion.

Thanks

Bye

--