Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: postgis on debian

Il giorno mar, 05-04-2005 alle 11:10 +0200, Wolfgang Baer ha scritto:
> alex bodnaru wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 22:43 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >
> >>I notice that the postgis package is no longer in the Debian NEW list.
> >>As it didn't appear in the Debian archive either, I suspect it was
> >>rejected.  Did anyone get a rejection mail?  What is missing to get
> >>the package accepted into Debian?
> >>

> > Hi Jochen,
> > I see that postgis is in the new queue since a while
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html.
> > (that page say also that it's an alpha package instead i386).
>
> I am a bit confused as the mail sender is the email address from
> Alex but the mail writer seems to be Roberto ?

Yes, Alex posted a mail which I cc'ed to him.

I was asking Jochen Friedrich some suggestions and he told me how to
remove postgis from NEW queue.
I removed postgis to eliminate problems that could arise for the package
renaming and to prevent that package maintainers put dependencies on it.

Package postgis was stuck in NEW queue probably because the upcoming
sarge is to be released, I'm not aware of any other reason.

> As I know Roberto did the upload with his email address and not
> Debian-GIS project as maintainer - so he should got an
> Accept or Reject mail from the ftp masters.
>
> > Also, we changed package name to better adapt to different postgresql
> > versions. pkg postgis is obsolete and should be replaced by:
> >       * libpostgis1-pg74 (name is auto-generated according to
> >         postresql-dev installed)
> >       * libpostgis-doc
> >       * libpostgisjava
>
> For libpostgis-java:
>
> Arnaud sponsored an upload of libpgjava for me yesterday. This upload
> fixed an important bug with the libpgjava package. To get this into
> sarge asap we uploaded again to contrib.
>
> However, I achieved building libpgjava with free tools and will do an
> upload to main in the future. But I will wait until the current upload
> of libpgjava will reach testing without problems. If no problems show
> up libpgjava will be uploaded to main in about 10 days and then
> sitting some time in the NEW queue.
>
> So libpostgis-java can go to main in a longer term - but I don't know
> how long NEW processing for libpgjava will take and when you plan an
> upload for postgis.

We think that packages are ready, and asked for submission as soon as
possible.

Actually we are trying to provide a smooth upgrade from previous
version, as there are incompatibilities with data and loaders.

> I will drop a mail here when I get an accepted notice for libpgjava
> into main.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wolfgang

Regards