Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: postgis on debian

alex bodnaru wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 22:43 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

I notice that the postgis package is no longer in the Debian NEW list.
As it didn't appear in the Debian archive either, I suspect it was
rejected.  Did anyone get a rejection mail?  What is missing to get
the package accepted into Debian?

Hi Jochen,
I see that postgis is in the new queue since a while
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html.
(that page say also that it's an alpha package instead i386).

I am a bit confused as the mail sender is the email address from
Alex but the mail writer seems to be Roberto ?

As I know Roberto did the upload with his email address and not
Debian-GIS project as maintainer - so he should got an
Accept or Reject mail from the ftp masters.

Also, we changed package name to better adapt to different postgresql
versions. pkg postgis is obsolete and should be replaced by:
      * libpostgis1-pg74 (name is auto-generated according to
        postresql-dev installed)
      * libpostgis-doc
      * libpostgisjava

For libpostgis-java:

Arnaud sponsored an upload of libpgjava for me yesterday. This upload
fixed an important bug with the libpgjava package. To get this into
sarge asap we uploaded again to contrib.

However, I achieved building libpgjava with free tools and will do an
upload to main in the future. But I will wait until the current upload
of libpgjava will reach testing without problems. If no problems show
up libpgjava will be uploaded to main in about 10 days and then
sitting some time in the NEW queue.

So libpostgis-java can go to main in a longer term - but I don't know
how long NEW processing for libpgjava will take and when you plan an
upload for postgis.

I will drop a mail here when I get an accepted notice for libpgjava
into main.

Regards,

Wolfgang