Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: postgis on debian

hello paolo,

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 09:59 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> At 09:52, martedì 05 aprile 2005, Petter Reinholdtsen has probably written:
> > Perhaps a dummy upgrade package is needed as well, but I would
> > not worry about that as the postgis package was never an official
> > debian package.
>
> BUT: I believe we should be careful helping people who installed from
> debianGIS. A migration path of some sort should be provided.
> Many thanks to you all!
> pc

your concern for smooth upgrade is our own, too.

data dumping and reloading is also a true issue for postgis upstream,
and any suggestion will be welcome.

in the meantime, we are providing the package with conflicting clause,
so owners of older postgis will dump and prepare their data before
removing their own version.

regards,

alex