Re: Esperanto translations?

(No CC copy needed please)

> Where was this announced? It's really disappointing
> if esperantists who reinstall their debian with
> "sarge" are supported worse than with "woody".

As long as no translation existed, there was no point in keeping the
language in the list of supported languages. That would have meant
that users are presented with Esperanto as a choice in the
languagechooser screen, then get only English messages, which would
have been quite strange.

Well, for sure, the situation is worser in woody than in sarge. But
this is the reality : there has been no translaiton work for d-i. I
guess that has mostly been because Edmund couldn't do it as he's the
one who made l10n work for woody. C'est la vie, I'm afraid....

(sorry again for using English here...Surprisingly I'm discovering
that I can basically read and guess when you write Esperanto...which
is, I suppose, a good example that it is a good universal language....:))