Re: enhanced debian-changelog-mode.el

Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

> I'm a little dubious about Gnus, especially since some may prefer VM
> or something.  :-)

I can understand that, though from what I've heard, implementing a bug
tracking interface as a Gnus backend shouldn't be a monumental
undertaking.  Right now the Gnus people are discussing adding a
slashdot backend which will keep a threaded display of all the current
slashdot conversations.  They plan for it (like news) to be
incremental, only downloading articles on demand.

If you added support for the BTS to return NOV style overview
information on demand, you could probably just link the BTS backend
straight in to most of the existing Gnus news infrastructure, but I'm
no expert in that arena.

The other advantage here is that Gnus has already adressed things like
off-line news reading/writing (via the agent infrastructure), and
already knows how to handle mail when you're ready to send.