Re: enhanced debian-changelog-mode.el

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> Chris Waters <xtifr@dsp.net> writes:

> > I'm a little dubious about Gnus, especially since some may prefer VM
> > or something.  :-)

> I can understand that, though from what I've heard, implementing a bug
> tracking interface as a Gnus backend shouldn't be a monumental
> undertaking.

No, no, thou doest misseth the point.

I'm not dubious about gnus in the sense of not trusting it -- heck,
you're soaking in it now, er, I mean, I'm using it right now.  I mean
that I don't trust that every emacs user who might want to use my code
will have it a) installed, and b) properly configured.

And given the fact that gnus sucks up the mail spool when it does
mail, making it an essential part of debian-changelog-mode would
probably *infuriate* some people.

Much better, IMO, to simply open a socket to the BTS somehow, and suck
down the information directly.  Simple, direct, no fuss, no muss.

cheers