Re: `~/.xemacs/{init,.options}.el' (Was: Re: [XEmacs] New Maintainer, soonish.)

Let me weight in too...

If the change is not transparent (and it doesn't look like it is)
then _don't_ do it.  The last thing we need is Debian having an
incompatible XEmacs setup.

That said, I'm in favour of some packages setting themselves up
completely (no need to add anything to ~/.emacs after installing
an emacs related package) when they don't override defaults and
only add new functionality (e.g. my gri package sets up
gri-mode.el).  But the _default_ expected behaviour should not be
changed.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada