Re: enhanced debian-changelog-mode.el

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> A few _quick_ comments.  A diff to my installed version shows you
> added menus and font-lock, so perhaps this line is premature:

>  ;; This version has been heavily modified and enhanced by Chris Waters

Perhaps -- I wasn't originally intending to release anything this
early until a couple of people on IRC showed an interest.  So the
whole thing is a bit premature....

> Also, since you are _adding_ to existing code, it would be polite
> to respect the indentation used: don't use hanging closing
> parens, like:

> >      (3 font-lock-constant-face))
> > ))
>   ^^

By the time I'm done, the existing code *will* be heavily modified.
And much more than that will be reformatted to my preferences.

> Also, I'd add optional whitespace space between "bug" and "#" and
> also make the colon optional:

The colon is required, and whitespace is not allowed.  The perl regexp
used by dinstall is: "/closes:\s*(bug)?\#\d+(,\s*(bug)?\#\d+)*/i".  I
didn't design this, I'm just trying to highlight it.  :-)

> If you want to be sure to fontify a `closes bug' line, implement
> a debian-changelog-close-bug function.

Very good suggestion, thanks.  Definitely worth looking into.
(Ideally, I'd like to provide functionality to browse the bug
database, perhaps through ldap or http, but that's probably going to
have to wait for a *much* later version....)

cheers

p.s. if you're on the -emacsen list, maybe we can move this entirely
to the list, and avoid the duplicate emails?