Re: debian-edu-doc 1.6~20150318~8+edu0~alpha2: Please update debconf PO translation for the package debian-edu-doc

Hi Frans,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 08:25:57PM +0100, Frans Spiesschaert wrote:

> My confusion and mistake is due to the fact that I don't know well how
> to manage a situation wherein I have modified locally
> debian-edu-jessie-manual.nl.po, and while these modifications are
> under review, that same file also gets modified remotely.

IIRC the tool you want is 'msgmerge'.

msgmerge -U file.po file.pot (see: man msgmerge)

Use msgmerge like this:

msgmerge -U <so far translated, but outdated .po file> <new .pot file after a 'git pull'>

So keep a copy of your already translated file outside of your git directory.

Wolfgang