Re: Disk out of space in /var while installing Terminal Server profile

[Mike Gabriel]
> So, I would add some more 1.6gb or so to /var (to have some
> reserves). I will reinstall the LTSP server now and do a
> lvextend/resizefs manually after the partitions have been created,
> so I will report back if the plus of 1.6gb is sufficient.

What did you figure out?

I am testing a PXE installation of an thin client server right now,
and noticed something bad.  The /var/ partition is 3.6 GiB according
to 'df -h', while the partman recipe ask for minimum 3904 MiB on the
partition.  That is 5.5 percent smaller than it should have been. :(

But I'll keep an eye on the installation and see how much disk space
is really needed, and adjust the code in svn to try to avoid the
problem.

While testing, I also discovered that the main-server partitioning
recipe is a bit too small, causing automatic extention of /usr/ after
boot - in other words, nothing serious, only annoying.  Also fixing
this in svn, to get it into the first update.

--
Happy hacking