Re: Input on announcing Debian Edu Wheezy?

On 25/09/13 at 15:49 -0400, David Prévot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 24/09/2013 09:44, Neil McGovern a écrit :
>
> > We can sort out a press release if you'd like, though getting a draft
> > together would be useful based on that wiki page.
>
> Content pushed as announcements/en/2013/20130928.wml on the publicity
> repository. Given the short time frame, I think we should formerly call
> for review and translation today, so if you want to edit the draft,
> please just do it now.
>
> Unless told otherwise, I’ll take care of the call for review and
> translation before going to bed if no one from the press or publicity
> team already did so in the mean time.
>
> > Can we also have a
> > quote from the DPL, or whomever is the point person for edu?
>
> CCing Lucas then.

Hi,

It might make more sense to ask Holger.

But just in case, here is a quote:

  Debian Edu is a fantastic project, for at least two reasons. First,
  because it exposes a wider public, and specifically children, to Free
  Software and Debian. Second, because it demonstrates how one can build
  a successful distribution on top of Debian, while doing all the work
  inside Debian.

(comments on the above welcomed, of course. it's a bit too early in the
morning to write quotes here ;) )

Lucas