Re: Suggestions for student projects? - html5 based remote desktop client ?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Arnt Ove Gregersen]
>> I was unable to access it now,
>
> Something wrong with ghost.skolelinux.no, or on your end?
>
>> but is technology something that needs further development and/or
>> exploration so that it could be nice to have students look into it ?
>
> Sure.  There are newer versions of the RDP protocol that could be
> supported, and support for Kerberos authentication for logging in would
> be nice.  I know recent Windows versions allow RDP to be used to show
> single applications (like the X protocol) as a window on your desktop.
> That would be nice.  Also, support for 3D graphics would be nice.  No
> idea about the scope of such projects, and suspect it had to be done in
> cooperation with the xrdp developers.

Sounds like a good idea :)

Maybe it also be very nice to have a feature that can bypass firewalls
(easily deactivated/activated feature) , by using a reference id and
some sort of password using a central server which will connect the
server and client. Probably not a good description of the feature, but
Teamviewer offer users the feature to connect to each other easily by
using a username, password and a central server only that connect thw
two without any firewall problem at all. It wouldl be a nice
hazzle-less remote desktop feature :)