Re: Suggestions for student projects? - html5 based remote desktop client ?

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> [Arnt Ove Gregersen]
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am going to commit some proposals for student projects this week to
>> the univerisity where I work.
>
> Are there any teacher students?  Perhaps they can evaluate the
> educational user application and see what work and do not work to teach
> pupils, ref <URL: http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Educational_applications_included_in_Debian_Edu___Skolelinux__the_screenshot_collection____.html >.

Only software developers

>> Does anyone have suggestions for what type of work/project we would
>> like the students to do for us ?
>
> Not quite sure what more to suggest.  Depend on the skill level
> available. :)  Some ideas:
>
>  - Fix a desktop=sugar option for the installer.
>
>  - rewrite our tasksel setup to make it possible to install a simple
>    desktop without the educational software - ie Debian Edu Office
>    edition.

Ok, noted

By the way do anyone know if it possible to log into DebianEdu from a
tablet using only web based clients (html5) ? I discovered this
project:

http://guac-dev.org/

It seems they only support vnc and rdp, so maybe it would be a good
idea to further develop it support the protocol we use or would prefer
to use ?

Any opinons ?

[...]