Re: Suggestions for student projects? - html5 based remote desktop client ?

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Arnt Ove Gregersen]
>> By the way do anyone know if it possible to log into DebianEdu from a
>> tablet using only web based clients (html5) ? I discovered this
>> project:
>>
>> http://guac-dev.org/
>>
>> It seems they only support vnc and rdp, so maybe it would be a good
>> idea to further develop it support the protocol we use or would prefer
>> to use ?
>
> What do you mean by 'log into Debian Edu froma tablet'?

I mean log in to a desktop on the DebianEdu servers using a tablet.
Having all processes running on the server , like a thin client.

> We already
> provide a RPD server on the thin client servers using xrdm, so they
> already have that option, I guess.

If RDP is already supported then it probably not necassery to have
students add another protocol Guacomole, unless
there is a better protocol we would prefer to use.