Re: Git is fun, Git is pretty, Git is useful, so why not using it?

[Holger Levsen]
> I wonder if it would be sensible to keep the old build process svn
> based for squeeze and move wheezy builds to git on
> cdimage.debian.org. (I have an account there and this (eg acccounts)
> has been offered to us since a long time. That machine is quite very
> powerful and has all the ressources.)

Sound like a great idea to me. :)

Would we be able to give non-DDs access?  Will it handle that we often
need to patch debian-cd to build our images?

> On a somewhat related note: dak as it is installed on
> a.skolelinux.no cannot deal with dpkg source format 3.0 packages (ie
> gosa), and I'm basically the only maintainer of this setup, so I've
> been thinking of asking the Debian ftp masters to run Debian Edu
> wheezy and wheezy-test suites on ftp.debian.org, like they already
> do for the backports archive. (Which is technically maintained by
> the ftp team, but adminstrativly by the backports team.)  Could we
> do that? We would want to maintain our own keyring and our uploads
> should go to the (debian-edu) wheezy-test and then manually be moved
> to (our) wheezy.

Also sound great to me.  Would we be able to give non-DDs access?
--
Happy hacking