Re: Git is fun, Git is pretty, Git is useful, so why not using it?

[David Prévot]
> Unless real blockers can be pointed, and not addressed, I guess we
> should consider giving those who are willing to prepare the
> Subversion to Git conversion a green light and get prepared to use
> those amazing tools (did I already mentioned I'd see that as an
> improvement? ;-).

As far as I know, there are no technical blockers.  The challenge is
to find someone willing to spend the time needed to teach everyone to
use git and to identify and update all systems that need to change.

I suggest to start by migrating the CVS respository on Alioth to git.
It is used for the <URL: http://debian-edu.alioth.debian.org/ > and
have not been updated in years.  It can be converted without much
coordinatoin and training. :)

Perhaps we should move www.skolelinux.org to
http://debian-edu.alioth.debian.org/?
--