Re: Git is fun, Git is pretty, Git is useful, so why not using it?

Hi David,

thanks for bringing this up!

Hi ftpmasters, the last paragraph is for you ;)

On Sonntag, 1. April 2012, David Prévot wrote:
> First of all, are there known issues about the Git workflow that would
> justify to stick with Subversion?

the cd/dvd build process uses svn quite a lot.

I wonder if it would be sensible to keep the old build process svn based for
squeeze and move wheezy builds to git on cdimage.debian.org. (I have an
account there and this (eg acccounts) has been offered to us since a long
time. That machine is quite very powerful and has all the ressources.)

On a somewhat related note: dak as it is installed on a.skolelinux.no cannot
deal with dpkg source format 3.0 packages (ie gosa), and I'm basically the
only maintainer of this setup, so I've been thinking of asking the Debian ftp
masters to run Debian Edu wheezy and wheezy-test suites on ftp.debian.org,
like they already do for the backports archive. (Which is technically
maintained by the ftp team, but adminstrativly by the backports team.)
Could we do that? We would want to maintain our own keyring and our uploads
should go to the (debian-edu) wheezy-test and then manually be moved to (our)
wheezy.

cheers,
	Holger