Re: Git is fun, Git is pretty, Git is useful, so why not using it?

On 12803 March 1977, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On a somewhat related note: dak as it is installed on a.skolelinux.no cannot
> deal with dpkg source format 3.0 packages (ie gosa), and I'm basically the
> only maintainer of this setup, so I've been thinking of asking the Debian ftp
> masters to run Debian Edu wheezy and wheezy-test suites on ftp.debian.org,
> like they already do for the backports archive. (Which is technically
> maintained by the ftp team, but adminstrativly by the backports team.)
> Could we do that? We would want to maintain our own keyring and our uploads
> should go to the (debian-edu) wheezy-test and then manually be moved to (our)
> wheezy.

Erm, right now backports is still an own host with an own dak install.
Yes we run that, yes it has the most recent dak install, no it is not on
ftp-master.debian.org directly. Yet. Plans to change that are there,
work on code started or will soon, not there yet.

>> I wonder if it would be sensible to keep the old build process svn
>> based for squeeze and move wheezy builds to git on
>> cdimage.debian.org. (I have an account there and this (eg acccounts)
>> has been offered to us since a long time. That machine is quite very
>> powerful and has all the ressources.)
> Sound like a great idea to me. :)

> Would we be able to give non-DDs access?  Will it handle that we often
> need to patch debian-cd to build our images?

How about working together with the debian-cd team to have that support
debian-edu directly and not just hack around it?

>> On a somewhat related note: dak as it is installed on
>> a.skolelinux.no cannot deal with dpkg source format 3.0 packages (ie
>> gosa), and I'm basically the only maintainer of this setup, so I've
>> been thinking of asking the Debian ftp masters to run Debian Edu
>> wheezy and wheezy-test suites on ftp.debian.org, like they already
>> do for the backports archive. (Which is technically maintained by
>> the ftp team, but adminstrativly by the backports team.)  Could we
>> do that? We would want to maintain our own keyring and our uploads
>> should go to the (debian-edu) wheezy-test and then manually be moved
>> to (our) wheezy.
> Also sound great to me.  Would we be able to give non-DDs access?

Not if it ends up in the main archive, no. Its called DM, thats what you
can have. But not random "unknown" people.

--
bye, Joerg
Well, I’m tired of being a wannabe league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!