Re: Please suggest minimal LDAP admin GUI

Hi Jürgen - and others,

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 04:43:03PM +0200, Jürgen Leibner wrote:
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 02:40:17PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

I am considering writing a desktop application (i.e. not a web app!) [for CipUX] and it would then help tremendously to know which features was most urgently needed to implement.

For me that is a kind of wasted time, because I cannot see any need for our project this time in such an application.

Good point.

What I see is and please correct me if I'm wrong, that there has been done a lot of work by Andreas to get gosa in place for usage. Why not helping him to get a working solution.

I actively do my best to avoid PHP. So personally GOsa is of no interest.

But that's just me. I certainly encourage those with PHP skills and interests to help out making GOsa work best possible.

Or perhaps try update and maintain LWAT a little longer, so that Skolelinux is less in a hurry to switch such central part as the LDAP admin tool. I would prefer if Skolelinux could transition more slowly with LWAT still available as fully working backup tool, over a "hard switch" which currently seems to be needed.

Or in your special case, why not make cipux alternativly usable like gosa for our project, to have a choise while installing, which of them one want to use.

If I understand you (and the work done with GOsa) correctly, this is indeed what have been going on the last year or two.

CipUX is officially in Debian Sid and Squeeze. Anyone interested in trying out CipUX is quite welcome helping us test the quality of these
packages. More info at http://wiki.cipux.org/development