Re: Which of the Extramadura applications are missing in Debian?

On Mon, 12 May 2008, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

Very good.  But to avoid surprises with the CD and DVD building, I
recommend not using 'depends' with the initial entry.  Please add new
packages using the 'Ignore' header first.

Ahh - got it.  I have to check whether I included "Ignore" in the
web site building stuff.  We discussed this before and I simply forgot.
The "Depends" I used was just out of a habit from other tasks packages.
Feel free to downgrade it to Ignore but please verify that

ssh <your-login>@alioth.debian.org \
  '/srv/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/cdd/bin/update-tasks-of-cdd debian-edu'

creates the wanted entries for prospective packages - if not, bother me about
changing update-tasks-of-cdd.

It will put it on our
radar, but avoid it pushing higher priority packages off the CD.
Next, when the package is found to be a good one, it can be updated to
Suggests or Recommends.  Suggested packages are not installed by
default, but are mentioned in the meta packages, while recommended
packages are installed automatically and need tuning of the
partitioning if the disk space requirements changed.

So "Suggests" will be acceptable for prospective packages as well?

Thanks for the hint and looking foreward for people who add more
psospective packages to make sure that interesting ITP/RFP bugs or
other things will not be forgotten

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de