rc4 test (was: summary from the irc meeting 2007-07-09)

[Knut Yrvin]
> I've installed RC4 standalone profile on two different PC's yesterday from the
> net install CD i386 image. It broke both times.

Thank you for testing.  We should investigate why it broke.  I must
admit, I have not tested the standalone profile much lately.

> First installation complained about xserver-org was not installed properly.
>
> Second installation stopped in the middle. I gonna test second machine once
> more.

As Holger said, it is useful to check console 4 (Alt-Ctrl-F4) to see
what is going on.

> I used manual partition on each machine. I gonna do the automated
> partitioning today on the second machine.

It occur to me that we should probably document the disk space used by
the standalone installation, to help those doing manual partitioning.
I do not know if you ran out of disk space, but it would be nice to
know how to avoid it.

> Machine specs. Fuitsu Siemens 1100 MHz Celereon machines with 256 MB
> RAM and CD-ROM.

Would be plenty.  How large was the disk?

Happy hacking,