Re: Education metapackages reorganization

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:

I've begun to look at it in debian-med. But as far as I can see, it
affect only to the Debian menu. That's good, but I think it's not
enough.

Yes.

I want to work on the .desktop files, as most users of
debian-edu will use kde or gnome, and they'll use first the desktop
menus. I want to use freedesktop.org tools and diversions to do that,
but maybe I haven't seen the complete cdd-dev approach or there are
better ways to work on the freedesktop.org menus...

No, there is not yet a solution for this but it is planed and that's
why I wrote "work on a new version of cdd-dev".  The sense of my mail
was to keep in mind that it should not be a debian-edu only solution
but something other CDDs might profit as well.

Anyway, I think we still have time enough to work on it together,
thinking in the lenny target.

Definitely

       Andreas.

--