Re: Education metapackages reorganization

El jue, 05-07-2007 a las 10:17 +0200, Andreas Tille escribió:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
>
> > For lenny I would like to do many more changes, including the menu
> > changes to make easy for the teachers finding applications related to
> > their subjects. Obviously any help, comments and arguments are welcome.
>
> Regarding to the menu changes I'd suggest to work on a new version of cdd-dev
> that just builds separate menus from those packages that are in the list of
> Depends / Recommends / Suggests if they are installed and allows to add or
> override menus of the packages if they are missing or not fit for the intended
> purpose.

I've begun to look at it in debian-med. But as far as I can see, it
affect only to the Debian menu. That's good, but I think it's not
enough. I want to work on the .desktop files, as most users of
debian-edu will use kde or gnome, and they'll use first the desktop
menus. I want to use freedesktop.org tools and diversions to do that,
but maybe I haven't seen the complete cdd-dev approach or there are
better ways to work on the freedesktop.org menus...
Anyway, I think we still have time enough to work on it together,
thinking in the lenny target.

Cheers,
José L.