Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

On 5/10/05, Markus Gamenius <markus@gamenius.net> wrote:
> I do belive that Sarge is going to "save" us for now, but if we have to
> wait for the next stable another 2-3 years we do have a problem.

I must disagree with that a bit. Quite a lot of Debian users choose it
for mission critical environments because it is rock stable and it has
a very long support cycle. If Debian starts having a release every two
years or even more frequently, that long term stability will become
quite questionable.
In many areas you really need a server or a workstation that will not
change for 5+ years and will have a fullblown security support for the
same 5+ years. Debian is excellent at that.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org