Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

Andreas Schuldei wrote:
* Markus Gamenius (markus@gamenius.net) [050509 22:49]:

I know that this thread is going to make a lot of people irritaded, but PLEASE try to be nice? We do not need to rise our voices, do we????

I think that part of the reason why sarge is late can be found in
precisely the above mentioned attitude: "Oh, it is Debian, it will slip. Lets see how they are doing. Ha, see that? They DO slip! Loosers! Who is responsible for this mess, anyway? Hey, don't touch my packages, you jerk! They are just fine. The bugs against them are all invalid since it works for me. Focus on the release blocking infrastructure instead! Isn't someone going to *do* something about this?"

It is a vicious circle. The ultimate answer lies in the change of
attitude.

I do agree. And no one would be more pleased than me if we were going to contiue using Debian. But how will we know that things are going more smootley inn the future?

I do belive that Sarge is going to "save" us for now, but if we have to wait for the next stable another 2-3 years we do have a problem.

It is important to remember that a lot of people using Debian-Edu are NOT developers, but they should be able to say what they think of our solution. Many of them have been woorking like hell to "sell" Debioan-Edu, and they ar getting bigger and bigger problems because it is getting to old. So I do not think it is strange that we have this thread.

If You are right, and we will see new Debian-releases a bit more often inn the future , then we could stop this thread. But is this the future?

Regards

Markus