Re: Debian-edu/Skolelinux and Edubuntu cooperation

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 10:08:49PM +0200, Arnt Ove Gregersen wrote:
> On Sunday 08 May 2005 21:09, Markus Gamenius wrote:
>
> I agree with Markus. I think a more Debian-generic approach would give our
> users a more easy way to get more "up to date" software if they wish so. Not
> only the 2 year ++ old software that is provided with
> Skolelinux/Debian-Edu/Woody now.
>
> Sarge is almost here, but how long will it be until the next release of
> Debian, 2-3 years ? And , really, is it just around the corner ?

Boy, people with an attitude like yours irritate me quite a lot.
Go and open a troll-club or so to spread your pessimism.

> The unpredictable and not-so-frequent releases of Debian worries me.

http://wiki.debian.net/?ReleaseProposals

There are a lot of people with bigger brains worring about how to
fix it. Everyone in debian is very serious about it. I think we
are in a good position to break this bad release habit of us.

> I think it wil be hard for Skolelinux/Debian-edu to compete with for example
> Microsoft Windows based systems in the long run if we stay on the same path
> as now.

This comment is quite unspecific. If you wanted to express an
oppinion please rephrase it.