Re: Week 30 report of Knut Yrvin. Week 31 plans

tirsdag 27 juli 2004, 10:35, skrev Finn-Arne Johansen:
> > - Take contact with the security and maintenance-team in Skolelinux
> > to get a proposal in how we should "flag" the restart-issue when
> > doing security patches. A lot of security-fixes don't need restart,
> > but the kernel-updates does. (SLX, Debian Edu)
>
> This is done in the DESA that are sent out.

http://www.skolelinux.no/security/

This is very well done! Unfortunatly the company which gonna operate 200
schools with Skolelinux need even more framework when doing upgrades
and so on. This is a part of a enterprise routine that has to be both a
practical in an huge day-to-day opraration when managing many
Skolelinux installations, and it should be well documented in a ISO
9001-way :-).

> > - Taking contact with In/Out and others to make a "save work hours"
> >   when changing broken SCSI-disks at schools. (TC,IO,SLX)

This is a part of the routine with the company wich gonna operate a lot
of Skolelinux installations at schools :-).

> > - Making a LTSP, NoMachine, Half-thick-client project-plan.
> > (LTSP-Jim, FAJ, RW)
>
> This one we can take on by our self.

Also here I have to be "invoved" cause of SLX Debian Labs contacts
between companies that may pay for this effort. This can be easily done
as we talked about. You and Ragnar could write a requirement
specification and help getting this funded. I'll use the specifications
an a plan on how to do it, so that the companies interested can get
motivated to pay for this effort!

Sincerely

Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway and OpenOffice
translation to Norwegian. Office 1: SLX Debian Labs Forskningsparken,