Re: Week 30 report of Knut Yrvin. Week 31 plans

tirsdag 27 juli 2004, 10:35, skrev Finn-Arne Johansen:
> Is this paid by Debian-Edu, or is this paid by The county of Akershus
> ? To me it seems like most of this is work that are/should-be paid by
> the County, or are all your salery paid by Debian-Edu now ?

* Short Finn-Arne friendly answer

It's not paid by Debian-Edu. Debian-Edu has almost no monetary economy.
It get some monetary support from the Skolelinux board, which is
financed by contributions from SLX Debian Labs.

An OpenOffice foundation is on it's way. This will still take time. I
believe that it will take even 6 month more before we get the
organization the City Councils want, and it's nothing we can do to rush
this even faster. As in 2002, 2003 and now also 2004 - the OpenOffice
project management is paid by NUUG Foundation/SLX Debian Labs and me
personally.

* The long and correct answer

As before the OpenOffice project management is paid from SLX Debian Labs
as it has been done in whole 2004. Nina Sundqvist had that
responsibilities from October 2003 until may 2004 . Before that this
effort was paid from NUUG Foundations and my from my personal spare
time. I worked 3 months full time financed by me in my holiday with no
monetary support from other than myself. This repport from July 3,
2003:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/rapporter/ooo_finans.pdf

All the decisions is well documented in documents from the Skolelinux
border and in letters between The Akerhus City Council and The Ministry
of Education and Research:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/referater/ref_ufd_20021115.txt
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/referater/troverdig_org.txt

The making of SLX Debian Labs an also an answer to a question from The
Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research. I Cite from a letter from
the Ministry to Akershus City Council from Mars 13th 2003:

  "They want to contribute with constraints so that the large
   voluntary work done by Skolelinux and others, can continue to
   the advantage of the schools, providing a proper framework
   for following up these efforts".

We have done comprehensive bureaucratic work to get the City Councils
and municipalities to pay for the effort with OpenOffice and
Skolelinux. We have used over a man year to get the things right. We
have negotiatiated with 530 municipalities and public offices. We are
working with this strategy in a steadfast manner. OpenOffice has so
fare give the right angle on how to introduce free software in colleges
and public administrations.

Sincerely

Knut Yrvin
--
Project manager (cel: +47 908 95 765) Skolelinux Norway and OpenOffice
translation to Norwegian. Office 1: SLX Debian Labs Forskningsparken,