Re: Week 30 report of Knut Yrvin. Week 31 plans

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:46:54PM +0200, Knut Yrvin wrote:
> * Meetings
>
> - A nice dinner with Petter Reinholdtsen about all the things
>   happening in the projects
> - Planning the o3-translation report for the winter 2003 to summer
>   2004
>
> * Work
>
> - Ensure salaries to the o3-translators
> - Make sure that the test-plan of o3 is implemented
> - Making a over all project outline (See weekly report week 27)
> - Continue pursuing the financing of the OpenOffice 2.0 translation
>   project (w29 and w30). Make a report that over whats done, and what
>   to do.
> - Done some management to get a document on place on how to set up
>   a thin client Skolelinux-server with static IP.

Is this paid by Debian-Edu, or is this paid by The county of Akershus ?
To me it seems like most of this is work that are/should-be paid by the
County, or are all your salery paid by Debian-Edu now ?

> - Made a guide on how to contribute to the Skolelinux-project
> - Made comprehensive answer to people that would contribute from
>   Argentina
> - Mounted two SATA-disk's on my work machine
> - Saved some problems caused by using unauthorised deb-sources on
>   some machines used by the translators. The update with the
>   unauthorised deb's was done of one translator just before the person
>   went on vacation :-)
>
> * Next step
>
> - Take contact with the security and maintenance-team in Skolelinux to
>   get a proposal in how we should "flag" the restart-issue when doing
>   security patches. A lot of security-fixes don't need restart, but
>   the kernel-updates does. (SLX, Debian Edu)

This is done in the DESA that are sent out.

> - Taking contact with In/Out and others to make a "save work hours"
>   when changing broken SCSI-disks at schools. (TC,IO,SLX)
> - Make weekly rapport for week 31 Monday August the 2th 2004. (KY)
> - Making a LTSP, NoMachine, Half-thick-client project-plan. (LTSP-Jim,
>   FAJ, RW)

This one we can take on by our self.

> - Making a leadership guide for how to facilitate open source projects
>   (VB)
> - Following up the question about making Debian Edu weekly news (VB)
> - Making a proposal for a job description to Andreas Schuldei (w30)

VB also talks about 19 projects in Debian-Edu that needs a description.
I was told that you are assigned the task of doing it.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no