Re: Welcome Rahul (was Re: New debian package maintainers - Sudeesh and Sagar)

Quoting Ritesh Raj Sarraf (2016-02-11 19:01:44)
> On Thu, 2016-02-11 at 18:41 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> I personally do not use web boards, as they seem (socially, if not
>> technically) optimized for "fly-by" comments: Easy to get involved
>> at first which raise the risk of posting before you get a feel for
>> the posting style at the place, and at the same time (arguably) less
>> easy to stay focused in a conversation.  Obviously a quite biased
>> personal judgement, but nevertheless one that might help notice how
>> technically similar communication media may socially have different
>> expectations rendering them less ideal for bridging.
>
> I think this is where the biggest challenge is.

If by "this" you mean "convincing either top-posters or bottom-posters
to not do so" then I agree.  Except I would not call the challenge "big"
but "huge": You are trying to fix a social challenge by technical means,
if you try bridge _semanically_ different communication media.

 - Jonas