Re: Welcome Rahul (was Re: New debian package maintainers - Sudeesh and Sagar)

On 2016, ഫെബ്രുവരി 11 5:10:49 PM IST, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
>Quoting Pirate Praveen (2016-02-10 17:44:34)
>> Rahul's package (ruby-fog-aliyun) just got accepted.
>>
>> Join us on debian-in@conference.siacs.eu xmpp room for the party!
>
>...or you could all join this list instead of forking the community!

All of us are here already and new people are invited to the list.

A real time chat != mailing list.

As for IRC vs XMPP, mobile support for IRC can't match that of XMPP.

You cannot force people to use a computer all the time.

XMPP is a Free Standard and more decentralized. We want to use and promote it for everyday use and being online on Debian India via XMPP is much more easier than adding another layer of IRC. Most of the discussions are mentoring newbies and those are already documented.