Re: some thoughts

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Praveen Arimbrathodiyil
<pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped>
> But I don't agree to forcing people to buy t shirts and food just to attend the event. We wanted to have aan option for people to specify if they want t shirt and food, but we could not complete the registration app in time for pune event. If there is someone ready to take responsibility we can get it working for Mangalore event. There is already some code written by Abdul Karim, talk to him and make it ready. Same for lunch, if students already have their lunches arranged at their hostels we should not force them to buy it. It can also be made an optional item for registration.

AbdulKarim has not yet published the code.

> Regarding not being able to catch them on irc, there is a cultural shift that needs to happen and it will take time. Schedule meetings over email and then meet on irc. Also internet access at hostels may not be accessible, especially at night time.
I agree on this point with Praveen. Life style here in Mangalore area
is totally different and influence of FOSS here is very less. This is
the reason why I choose Mangalore as location to try and make a
difference :)

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com