Re: developer-friendly ISPs in Dublin

Well that's not promising - supposedly it depends on your distance from
the cabinet, since it's FTTC technology.  I know where our cabinet is,
and it's not too bad from my POV - they certainly are claiming they can
deliver 20/100Mb.

Real world measurements of my current 24/240 connection with Virgin
give me around 20/110 so I'm not anticipating massive change.  If I
measure the Virgin connection using speedtest.net it always shows me
24/240Mb, so I think there's some "volkswagen-style" adjustment going
on there too...

Why can't they roll out FTTH in the suburbs, but I guess it's the more
remote people who can't get cable or FTTC who just happened to be most
needy when this upgrade came around :-/

Cheers,
					Andrew

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 16:16 +0100, Federico Ceratto wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Andrew McMillan <andrew@mcmillan.net.nz> wrote:
> > As a result of my investigations in relation to this I will be switching to Magnet, where I know the right strings to pull to get dual stack.
>
> My Magnet uplink has been quite bad for years.
>
> --
> Federico
https://google.com/+AndrewMcMillan                     Dublin, Ireland
                                                    +353 (87) 372 7098