Re: developer-friendly ISPs in Dublin

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 11:47 +0100, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> On 09/05/18 11:40, Andrew McMillan wrote:
>
> > Not as far as I'm aware.  I have previously run my Virgin Media router
> > in bridge mode with an OpenWRT router
> > Other than with CGN/DSLite I'm not aware of any issues with blocking
> > inbound ports.
>
> I am interested in this. I would like to do the same, but this router
> (hub 3.0) does not seem to have an option to put it in router mode. How
> did you do it?
>
> Also, how did you manage the DSLite stuff in openwrt? I found very
> little info on this on the web

I did this on a Hub 3.0.  The setting in the router that switches it to
Bridge mode is labeled "Modem Mode" in the admin menu.

I'm not on DSLite, so I can't say for sure - I think it should "just
work" if you accept the WAN address through DHCP though.

Cheers,
Andrew.

https://google.com/+AndrewMcMillan                     Dublin, Ireland
                                                    +353 (87) 372 7098