Re: developer-friendly ISPs in Dublin

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 10:35 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Thanks for all the feedback

No problem!

> Price definitely isn't the main concern for me
>
> Productivity is a higher concern than speed or price: another couple of
> things I should have asked about:
>
> - is there any ISP that insists on their own router?  I want to use a
> Turris Omnia (OpenWRT), it can work with DSL modems in bridge mode as
> long as I have the credentials

Not as far as I'm aware.  I have previously run my Virgin Media router
in bridge mode with an OpenWRT router

> - do any of the ISPs (or just some of their plans) block incoming
> connections to services like IPsec or SSH?

Other than with CGN/DSLite I'm not aware of any issues with blocking
inbound ports.

Cheers,
Andrew.

https://google.com/+AndrewMcMillan                     Dublin, Ireland
                                                    +353 (87) 372 7098

Ignorance is like cholera.  It cannot be controlled by the individual
alone: it requires the organised efforts of society.  -- Sir Muir Gray