Re: developer-friendly ISPs in Dublin

As a result of my investigations in relation to this I will be switching to Magnet, where I know the right strings to pull to get dual stack.

Cheers,
Andrew.

On May 31, 2018 12:12:37 PM GMT+01:00, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
On 10/05/18 10:07, Andrew McMillan wrote:
On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 11:47 +0100, Martín Ferrari wrote:
Andrew,

On 09/05/18 11:40, Andrew McMillan wrote:

Not as far as I'm aware. I have previously run my Virgin Media router
in bridge mode with an OpenWRT router
Other than with CGN/DSLite I'm not aware of any issues with blocking
inbound ports.
I am interested in this. I would like to do the same, but this router
(hub 3.0) does not seem to have an option to put it in router mode. How
did you do it?

Also, how did you manage the DSLite stuff in openwrt? I found very
little info on this on the web
I did this on a Hub 3.0. The setting in the router that switches it to
Bridge mode is labeled "Modem Mode" in the admin menu.

I'm not on DSLite, so I can't say for sure - I think it should "just
work" if you accept the WAN address through DHCP though.

DSLite and CGN appears to be a bit risky for certain things and I think
a lot of power-users would be more comfortable knowing they have at
least one IPv4 address on their own device, even if it is dynamic.

Is it possible to get regular dual-stack either using Virgin Media's
business plans or any of the DSL providers, either as residential or
business customer?

Otherwise I might just go for what appears to be the best regular IPv4
service and run IPv6 over VPN until the provider supports it natively.

Regards,

Daniel

--
Sent from my Android Nexus. Pls 4giv typos etc!