Re: Problems with building release-notes PDF for Russian

Hi everyone,

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Norbert Preining wrote:
> It seems that using *PostScript Type1* fonts is broken.

I tried to locate the bug, but it was introduced at some
point which is not completely clear - I couldn't find it, and
was fixed only very recently.

Just going back to old xdvipdfmx does not work because there will
be a squeeze between the xetex xdv version and the xdvipdfmx version.

I have now decided to replace *all* of the dvipdmf-x source code in
the Jessie version of texlive-bin with the code released in
TeX Live 2015.

I have built new packages and confirm that with the new binary packages
the release notes build (at least for LINGUA=en) without any problems.

The packages are available at
	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ jessie/
	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ jessie/
and it would be great if some more people could check them.

I am not sure if we can get this into a point release, but I would
*strongly* suggest to do so, otherwise not only the release notes
will be broken.

Any comments?

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13