Re: LaTeX to PO, and DDP hosting for the Packaging Tutorial

On 26/05/11 at 00:26 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 09:14:15AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > I say just create directory in ddp/manuals/trunk should be fine.
>
> This is simple and safe.  I also hate to do this.
>
> > I would really like to stay with git, so that I can keep the history.
> > Would it be very complex for you if I used a git repo in collab-maint
> > instead?
>
> The thing is I can change build and checkout script.  But I have no
> shell account there to do system migration quickly.  I need to wait 4
> hour cron job ..  I also have not much time for doing this.
>
> You should keep using git repo.  svn is mere copy.  Probably synched
> manually for now by me.  Eventually, checkout script needs to be created
> properly.  I hope that will be the case for the rest of the archive too.

Hi Osamu,

The packaging-tutorial package has now been accepted in Debian unstable,
and its git repo is at:
Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/packaging-tutorial.git;a=summary
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/packaging-tutorial.git

I would very much welcome work on translating the tutorial now that its
situation can be considered more stable.

Lucas