Re: Side effect of webwml alioth transition

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 10:10:38PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 09:58:30PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> >
> > If this does not fix the issue, could anybody point me to the
> > beyond-pkging.dbk and po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po files?
>
> I could find the files.
>
> I tried on an Etch and I could reproduce the issue on an Etch chroot, and
> pre-pending the po4a command with COLUMNS=1000 fixed it.
> (Fixing the PO file should also fix the problem, setting COLUMN would just
> be a hack to avoid such problem in the future)

As I mentioned, this is clearly caused by broken commit.

> /proc/2441/fd$ msgfmt --statistics -o /dev/null /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po
> /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po:492: end-of-line within string
> /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po:492:3: syntax error
> /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po:495: end-of-line within string
> /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po:507: end-of-line within string
> /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po:507:3: syntax error
> /org/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/trunk/developers-reference/po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po:508: end-of-line within string
> msgfmt: found 6 fatal errors

I have committed quick fix to SVN.  I will check more later.  THis is
error in msgfmt which is in getttext.

$ dpkg -S msgfmt
gettext: /usr/bin/msgfmt

Beside translator being careful, this funny infinite loop should be avoided by
gettext tool set.  This is msgfmt faital errors.

2008
contains problematic strings?  It should only cause warning or error
gettext (0.17-6) unstable; urgency=low

   * Added libncurses5-dev, libxml2-dev, libglib2.0-dev and libcroco3-dev
     to Build-Depends, needed for the --color option of the various programs.
     Otherwise, an embedded version is used, which is forbidden by policy.
   * Standards-Version: 3.8.0.

 -- Santiago Vila <sanvila@debian.org>  Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:49:56 +0100
gettext (0.17-5) unstable; urgency=low

   * Changed gettext-el dependency from emacsen to "emacs22 | emacsen".
   * Run "make distclean" only if Makefile exists, but do not ignore errors.
   * po-mode: Do not duplicate headers with emacs23. Closes: #504356.

 -- Santiago Vila <sanvila@debian.org>  Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:12:15 +0100
gettext (0.17-4) unstable; urgency=low

   * Fixed xgettext crash with some unicode chars. Closes: #493218.
   * Fixed wrong updating of POT-Creation-Date by msgmerge. Closes: #496282.
   * Both patches by the author.

 -- Santiago Vila <sanvila@debian.org>  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:42:00 +0200

As I see there has been no obvious change from lenny to fix any major issues.

Santiago, has you noticed any issues if source for po exit.  We do not want
infinit loop.

Osamu