Re: Side effect of webwml alioth transition

Hi,

It looks like I mixed up few things and issue is not related to webwml
transition.

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 12:09:46PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> [2009-07-05 04:50:55 CEST]:
> > Following may be related problem to recent webwml transition.
>
>  Not completely sure about that because the doc part is unrelated to the
> webwml cvs from what I understand, it rather might also be related to
> some recent commits:

I see.

> #v+
> :~$ ps www 23329
>   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
> 23329 ?        R    1333:59 /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/po4a-translate --format docbook --keep 0 -m beyond-pkging.dbk -p po4a/ja/beyond-pkging.po -l ja/beyond-pkging.dbk
> #v-

/usr/bin/po4a-translate is slow CPU intensive process.  This is
developer reference Japanese translation by Hideki Yamane
<henrich@debian.or.jp>, I think.

henrich: update japanese translation    henrich-guest   2d 00h 00m

>  There is something extremely fishy with this - yes, the TIME _is_ 1333
> minutes aka 22 hours.

I suspect that this is taking long since it was not translated much or
po file is out of sync with pot files.

>  I already killed such a process yesterday but I
> fear I have to disable the 7doc_manuals cron part for the sake of the
> rest of the website and the sake of the www-master.

Thanks.

>  It would be sweet if someone from the -doc team could try a local build
> and see wether they also stumble upon this issue.

Yamane-san, please try this.

> > DDP has been alioth.debian.org but its web page build script was run at
> > www-master.debian.org .  Thus its build log pages were always available
> > at http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/ddp/ .
> >
> > Now it gives 404 error (It was OK yeasterday).
>
>  I'll check with DSA, there were some changes with respect to using
> geodns for www.debian.org, it might be related to that.
> http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/ doesn't work at all anymore. :(
> I'm trying to investigate further and get things fixed. Keep you
> updated.

(I am not quite sure how DDP build script is run on master.)

Thanks for your help.

Osamu