Re: lenny release-notes built and available, questions

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:48:18AM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> locales-all is *not* installed, neither in etch nor lenny, but I
> have en_GB.UTF-8 as LANG. Without an UTF-8 locale txt output
> will be broken!

It *is* broken on the build host! See for example
http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/i386/release-notes.de.txt
which contains "?" instead of 8bit umlauts.

How to fix this, using LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 in Makefile (is this a supported)
locale on the build host)? Maybe it is better to change the system locale on
www-master?

PS: I tried my best to optimize the build system. It does at the moment no longer
create useless builds and is that's why much faster. If there are further problems
please report.

Jens