Re: lenny release-notes built and available, questions

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:25:31PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:48:18AM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> > locales-all is *not* installed, neither in etch nor lenny, but I
> > have en_GB.UTF-8 as LANG. Without an UTF-8 locale txt output
> > will be broken!
>
> It *is* broken on the build host! See for example
> http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/i386/release-notes.de.txt
> which contains "?" instead of 8bit umlauts.
>
> How to fix this, using LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 in Makefile (is this a supported)
> locale on the build host)? Maybe it is better to change the system locale on
> www-master?

It's less intrusive (and with no possible side effect on other
applications on www-master) to specify the locale in the makefile.

> PS: I tried my best to optimize the build system. It does at the moment no longer
> create useless builds and is that's why much faster. If there are further problems
> please report.

I experienced something strange: after a change on a po file, updatepo
tells "make: Nothing to be done for `updatepo'."

--
Simon Paillard