lenny release-notes built and available, questions

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 01:56:41PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Thanks. Now I wonder where the Lenny version gets installed. According to the
> cron job file it gets installed into /org/www.debian.org/release-notes/lenny
> on www-master. Nevertheless where is it mapped to http://www.debian.org?
>
> I expect it in http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/releasenotes where it is
> missing.

It's ok now :-)

Like for etch http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/releasenotes is only a
page full of links to :
http://www.debian.org/releases/$release/$arch/release-notes/index.$lang.html
                                              release-notes.$lang.[pdf|pdf|txt]

BTW, what do you think about the facts that :
* we are still building PS versions but publish no link to them :
  http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/release-notes.fr.ps

* we publish tar.gz files containing all languages in html but don't
  link them : http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/release-notes-i386.tar.gz

I'm not that convinced of the interest of such formats...

[...]
> Any further help?

If you master Makefiles magic (I'm learning :) :
* fix the html target so that they are not build again and again while
  it is not necessary.
* images are missing (you will see [img tag] instead) in the publish
  directory while they seem to be copied

--
Simon Paillard