Re: translation support

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 04:38:41PM +0200, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 01:32:58PM -0300, synthespian@uol.com.br wrote:
> > > but some other things:
> > >  - translate some debconf templates (see
> > >    http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation/)
>
> 	FYI the URL above is *not* information on how Debian does
> translation/l10n/i18n stuff. The main information source is
> http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ (IIRC).

http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ show only the status and
make _no_ coordination!

> 	Problem is, that URL kind of misguides people. It is the source of
> information for the "Debian *packages descriptions* trasnlation project".

NO!

the 'Debian Descriptions Translation Project' (ddtp) is on
http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/ddtp/! On the ../debian_translation/
site, I _coordinate_ the translators of *debconf templates*. (If I get
reports from the translators...)

But we should maybe get some server (like the ddts) for all
translation works. But this is a other story.

> 	In any case, I'm currently thinking of a way we could handle
> documentation (and their translations) using partially the BTS, and how to
> handle translation teams (and give them the tools that are being already
> used by other teams).

--verbose

Gruss
Grisu
Linux - Damit der Ausnahmefehler nicht zu Regel wird.