Re: translation support

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 09:44:44PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 05:26:28PM +0200, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:
> [...]
> > 	In my opinion we need better coordination of the translation teams
> > and a way to recognize their status like we currently do for package
> > maintainers.
> [...]
>
> Fully agree.
>
> KDE seems to do a very good job in this area, mainly because
> documentation is written in a format specifically designed for
> maintainance of translations, and the problem reported by Chris Tillman
> would be much easier to solve if these tools and formats were used.
> Is there any plan to go this way?

	We do have an implemented solution for the management of
translations in the WWW pages which are currently much more active (23
languages) than the installation (13 langs) or other documents in the DDP
(that might be translated to just three or four langs...).
	I was thinking of a way we could deal for this problem, but even if
I had the ideas I do not have the time to code currently (hopefully I will
have that time for Xmas). I will check out the KDE stuff...

	Javi