Re: Merged release notes (was Re: Errouneous link in dist upgrade documentation)

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 05:21:34PM +0400, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> > BTW, does someone know how to do `if defined(i386) && defined(m68k)' in

Whoops, I meant with  s/&&/||/.

> > debiandoc-sgml, rather than `if !defined(alpha) && !defined(sparc) &&
> > !defined(powerpc) && !defined(arm)'?
>
> I am not that sure, but it seems to be better to have an appropriate feature to
> be defined separately.  For example, let's consider that CD-ROM support is only
> available in i386 and m68k :)  There are two ways to make appropriate section
> to appear: one is to make use of something like defined(i386) or defined(m68k),
> another would be to create a new entity called this-platform-supports-cd-rom and
> assign a proper value to it depending on whether the CDs are supported for this
> platform.
>
> (I may be answering a different question though :)  if you could give an
> example, it would be easier to understand what you'd like to accomplish)

Yeah, it's different. Currently, I have:

<![ %not-sparc [
<![ %not-alpha [
<![ %not-powerpc [
<![ %not-arm [
  previous Debian release to 2.2 at once; you should not have to upgrade
  separately to every intermediate release. Note however, that upgrades
  from releases 2.0 and earlier to 2.2 have not been tested extensively,
  and are therefore not supported.
]]>
]]>
]]>
]]>

(and this I presume works as expected)

It would be much nicer if I could do something like

<![ %i386 || %m68k [
  previous Debian release to 2.2 at once; you should not have to upgrade
  separately to every intermediate release. Note however, that upgrades
  from releases 2.0 and earlier to 2.2 have not been tested extensively,
  and are therefore not supported.
]]>

Is that possible?