Re: Notes for DDP writers

Josip Rodin wrote:
  >On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 12:30:46AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
  >What exactly needs to be done? I'd say we should rearrange the whole
  >site, move all the documents on the site to /doc/ subdirectory,
  >and surely, remove ~elphick/ from the DDP address. No offense to
  >Oliver Elphick, but only by looking at the address (picture yourself
  >as a common net-surfer) it seems like some dark personal movement
  >hidden deep inside Debian :)

I have no objection; the reason it is there is that that is the only
web space I have write access to.  If one of the web administrators will
set it up in the `official' space, I will be happy to cooperate.

If someone would like to take over the role of co-ordinator, I would be
happy, too.  I am better at getting things started than running them, and
the occasion of a move such as is being suggested would be a good time to
pass on the baton.

I should also like to encourage efforts to link the Debian manuals more
closely, perhaps by cross-referencing, to the LDP and other external
documentation, so long as there is a suitable licence for the external
stuff.  Again, this is something that the co-ordinator should be doing,
but I don't have the time for -- another good reason to bow out.

     "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the
      world, and they that dwell therein."
                                   Psalms 24:1